At Millbrook Junior School, we have three rules to follow:
- Be ready (we need to be here, on time and ready to learn)
- Be respectful (we need to respect ourselves, each other and our environment)
- Be safe (we need to be safe ourselves and towards others)
These help us all to ‘Dream, Believe, Aspire and Achieve’ and work towards our ‘Five Hands Vision’.
We recognise good behaviour with verbal praise, certificates, notes and phone calls home. We use a restorative approach. Please see our Behaviour Policy for further information.
Sometimes children need help to follow the rules. If we have spoken to your child, you will see a ‘Reflect’ sticker in their planner. We have asked them the following questions:
- What happened?
- What were you thinking at the time?
- What have your thoughts been since?
- How do you feel about what has happened?
- Who has been affected by what happened?
- In what way?
- What needs to happen to put things right?
- What could you do differently next time?